background

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elastic Momordica

before i start, the title for this entry really is a flower name, i know it sounds crazy but it's true!

I am not an April Fooler. I wish I was but I'm not.
However I tend to be the recipient of many. Nothing big or devastating, I am simply gullible. In fact, the day my sister was trying to explain to me what gullible meant, she said, "It's like saying there are foot prints up on the ceiling." I looked up. Nothing. "No," she said. "Ok, for example someone says, 'If you say gullible slow it sounds like Christmas'..." You can just imagine what happened then. After that didn't work she had to give a long explanation in order to help me out.
So today when my friend was telling us about an April Fools trick her sister played on her, a text saying J.K Rowling died, I gasped. No, she is alive and well (as far as I know) but I thought it was... even though she had just seconds before told us it was AN APRIL FOOLS PRANK PLAYED ON HER! Goodness gracious. What are we going to do with me?

Anyways! So in honor of this holiday, I was reading about some April Fool's Day pranks that have been pulled and here are my favorite:

Planetary Alignment Decreases Gravity 1976: The British astronomer Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that at 9:47 AM a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur that listeners could experience in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment that this planetary alignment occurred, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, BBC2 began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation. One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room.

The Taco Liberty Bell Taco Liberty Bell1996: The Taco Bell Corporation announced it had bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of outraged citizens called the National Historic Park in Philadelphia where the bell was housed to express their anger. Their nerves were only calmed when Taco Bell revealed, a few hours later, that it was all a practical joke. The best line of the day came when White House press secretary Mike McCurry was asked about the sale. Thinking on his feet, he responded that the Lincoln Memorial had also been sold. It would now be known, he said, as the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

Wow. One day I am going to pull a HUGE prank and go down in the books. I can feel it in my bones.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete