background

Saturday, July 31, 2010

my bicycle

This morning when I woke up, I decided to go on a bike ride. I put on my converse, high wasted shorts, 'cool' tee and bug eye sunglasses and headed out. I biked all around my home town. I went up hills and down hills, on the roads and the sidewalks. It was quite lovely and I loved every moment of it. (Even the burning quads... ha. Take that you practically exercise-less summer!)

There's something about the breeze through my hair that makes me giddy inside. My favorite thing to do is stand up on the pedals as I rush down hill... bliss. I can hear the wind in my ears, actually hear it since I do not bring my music and it's a new experience. I am rarely in silence. I always have something playing whether it be in the background or it be my main focus. It is a special experience to be alone with my thoughts. I always find that a little intimidating (yes, my thoughts intimidate me, don't question it) but this morning I felt invincible on my bike. (Don't worry. I'm not about to become a reckless teenager who does BMX jumps for the thrill of it.) What I mean to say is that I truly felt happy and at peace on my bicycle.

Random thought by the way: If anyone feels like getting me an expensive present, a bike from the Urban Outfitters Bike shop would work. I mean, you can custom design your bikes! It's brilliant. A beach cruiser would work too... thank you kind friend!

And now, if you'll please excuse me, I think I am going to go on my second bike ride of the day. You just can't resist bliss.

1 comment: