background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

if i ruled the world


This is my last week of summer.

Thank heavens, school does not start in two weeks but dance camp does. And then after that, my family is taking a trip to California. I realize the Cali vacae is still Summer but at the same time, it's not. Especially since five days after I return home, it's time for school. And guess what I will be doing during those five days? Getting ready for school... or at least that's what I should do. I have a feeling I'm going to be a rebellious senior and party it up. My last few days of freedom... what do you expect?

I digress! It's a little bittersweet today. Especially as I am currently listening to 'If I Ruled The World' by Jamie Cullum. It doesn't exactly lift my mood, nor does it lower it- it simply keeps it where it is since there are many things I would do if I ruled the world. Prolonging summer would be one of them.

I digress AGAIN. Why is it bittersweet today? I know you're dying to know! Well I'll tell ya. I have a feeling this coming week is going to be the best week of summer EVER. How do I know that? Because I'm going to make it that way. I am going to ensure that there are several bike rides, friends, a rain storm, friends, swimming, friends, star gazing, friends, movie marathons, friends, night time strolls, friends, monkey bread, and John Mayer. Oh, and friends.

How can this week go wrong? It can't. I forbid it to... plus I just kind of have a feeling it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment