background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

rainbow chasin' on a sunday evenin'

Guess what I just did?!?
Just guess!!!!
Hmmm... I can't hear you so maybe you guessed it, or maybe you didn't...
I just chased a RAINBOW!!!!
Let me rewind about 20 minutes...
My family and I were watching New Moon, (I forced them. I really wanted them to see it... they don't really like it... shocker.) with the windows open and suddenly, I smell RAIN.
I jumped up, put on my rain boots, saddled my bike and skidaddled! At first I just sailed through the streets, with the wind rustling in my ears, feeling unstoppable when suddenly, I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye.
I immediately changed my course of direction and biked to the end of the rainbow!!!
However!
It kept on moving father, and farther away.
But I kept moving. I was booking it. I was going to get there.
Alas, I did not get there.
It moved behind a mountain.
Now that's cheating.
Nonetheless, I loved every minute of my chase.
The sky was beautiful, the rain felt wonderful and I was on a mission.
Life does not get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment