background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Elder DJ

Ya know, DJ?
That awesome kid who is also one of my best friends?
I saw him for the last time for two years today.

That's right, he, like Elder McGraw, is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I am SO proud of him!

But it's also a rather bittersweet day.

DJ is my brother from another mother!

Speaking of mothers! (...or relatives, rather...) His Mom and my Aunt knew each other when they lived in Hawaii about 35 years ago.

AND!
My voice teacher and his Dad knew each other in the musical theater world around their college days.

What a small world.
Basically, I think he and I were truly just meant to be friends.
Thank you universe!

Deej has been one of my closest friends for about a year and a half all thanks to his hilarious pictures of the day, genuine listening ear, and witty sense of humor.

What a guy.
I could never have asked for a better friend.
And Canada could not have asked a better missionary!


Go get 'em, Connor. Make us proud!
And I'll see you in two years... eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment