background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bugloss

I just made the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. This is bragging to the maximum but I am rather proud of them. They're fat. Fatter than fat. They probably make you fat but I don't care. They're crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. YUMMMMM. I've already had two, not to mention the dough I swiped. Shhh! Don't tell anyone! I would love another in a few minutes....

Ok so I looked a few places for the BEST recipe and I ended up choosing one from Food Network.
I altered it just a little to become..... this!

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Food Network

With alterations by yours truly

Makes: about 30 cookies



Ingredients

1/4 cup unsalted butter

3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

8-12 ounces chocolate chips of chunks

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon fine salt


Directions

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Pam baking sheet. (If you use one sheet, let it cool in-between baking periods)


Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. Cool slightly and do not pour into bowl until after you whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.


Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.


Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. (WARNING “heaping tablespoons” are huge after cooked.) Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. (On my oven: 11 minutes is plenty) Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.


Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.




I am Chef and Mary is Boyardee


Every time I make cookies or really anything-- I feel like Ned from Pushing Daisies. I would love to open up my own pie shop, even though pies aren't my specialty, I would still love to open it up because I would make it dang cute! Oh this sounds so fun! I want to start gathering recipes ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment