background

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cupcakes and Stars

Yesterday I savored my vaNIElla cup cake with the knowledge that a dessert would, probably never taste that good again. Why? Because I knew I had helped a wonderful family and therefor, I could eat it guilt free!

At 9:45 in the evening, my beautiful cousin, Aria, came and picked me up. We went to the grocery store to pick up tortillas by her parents request. At the store, we saw about half of her high school. Apparently, Reams is the place to be.
As we were getting into the car, Uncle called and asked us to pick up pitted prunes.

Delish.

We decided that we didn't want to go back in there and see everyone again (especially while carrying pitted prunes) and so we went to Allen's instead. We had absolutely no idea where to look and so we had to ask someone. Note to self: they are by the canning supplies. But we could only find dried prunes-- is that the same thing? Well that's what we bought.
Afterwards, we went to the local 7-11 where Aria got a Dr. Pepper and we couldn't pass up the oppertunity to buy 50 cent High School Musical tatoos. Unfortunately, I did not get Zac Efron.
We then went back to her house to drop off the groceries. It was there that I was able to talk to my 12 year old cousin about his sumer so far and 'Remember the Titans' as well as watch my Uncle eat the dried prunes like candy.
Next on the schedule, we drove back to my house in the time which I had my first sip of Dr. Pepper. (Don't tell ma mere et mon pere. Hush! Hush!) WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING? Now that truly is delish.
When we arrived at my house, we got some blankets and laid out on the grass as we gazed at the stars while talking about the gospel.

This is how summer should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment