background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yesterday was awesome.

Can I please just tell you about yesterday? It was awesome. For no reason in particular but for several little things that with a little here, and a little there, managed to make my day.

It started badly though. I woke up STARVING. I needed breakfast. I had chosen Life cereal, reached into the fridge for the milk, nearly started pouring when BAM! I saw a blue lid. Do you know what the blue lid means? 2%. And I strongly dislike 2%. So I begrudgingly ended up having a muffin. But it tasted funny. So after two bites, I spat it out and got ready for work. Still hungry.

Where do I work you ask? I'm still not telling. Why? I don't really know. But I'll tell you one of these days. Okay but it wasn't this mysterious work that I was scheduled to work at yesterday. Yesterday I was working at Starbiz. And I'm going to be completely honest and tell you that it's not my favorite place to work. (Not for any specific reason though. It's kind of just difficult to explain.... but you talked me into it and I shall try my best... When I was younger I would attend film shoots my Mommy and Daddy were apart of and I would get very bossed around. And I hated it. So these days, I am weary to come back on film sets because of that fear. It sounds dramatic but it's the truth. Anyway...)

Eventually I hesitantly walked into the building, and began to work. And guess what? The time flew by, I met people and made friends, and before I knew it, we were wrapped for the day! Wow. That was the fastest day EVER!

My cousin, Aria, is also working on set and so we drove home together. While she was dropping me off she said, "Hey Sash, do you want to go on a run with me?" And for some crazy reason, I heard the word 'yes' come out of my mouth. What?!? For those of you who don't know me (or do know me for that matter), I am not a runner. I've tried but have never been successful. However, 30 minutes later, Aria was picking me up and we headed to the high school track. Ladies and gents, boys and girls, I would like to inform you all that I ran TWO whole miles. That is a complete miracle for me! (Oh and we ran stairs after. Yeah, nbd. We're awesome.)

Following the eternal run, I came home, hoping to take a cold shower but found my singles ward FHE was being held at my house. So of course I was roped into that. But to my surprise, I had a splendid time making shirts for our ultimate Frisbee competition coming up. (Go Team 'Bunch Of Bananas'!)

Following the closing prayer, I ran upstairs to shower because... the Bachelorette finale was on! And when I came downstairs, Amy (Dano's cutie patootie friend), Brandon (a contestant on this week's StarBiz shoot--haha so random but so delightful--) and Aria were at my house all waiting to watch Ashley break the heart of one man and find love in another.

Two hours later and this was the result...

Yay Ashely and J.P! How exciting it is to be in love. Anywho... that was the end of my day. As I said earlier, there was no specific reason for it being amazing but that's how it turned out. And I'm not entirely sure what made it that way but if you were apart of it in even the simplicity of a friendly smile, I would like to say, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment