background

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Emily.camille.photography

I guess you could say Mr. C and I are close. So close in fact that this is our second photo shoot together. (First shoot was over a year ago: HERE). I don't put these on Facebook or Instagram or anything like that because people like to judge. (No, these are not engagements.) And that's okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I trust my blogger friends enough to just accept them for what they are. And that is more like, "See Ya In Two" kinda pictures. And I don't mean two days, two weeks, or even two months. I mean two years. Mr. C is now Elder C, serving a mission in New York City for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I couldn't be more proud of him.  As mentioned above though, it does mean I won't see him or hear from him (except for writing letters) for 730 days (give or take, but who's counting?). And considering we've dated for longer than two years, it's a big deal.(Like 1/9th of my life, big deal.) I am used to constantly having a text conversation going (thank you parents, for the unlimited cell phone plan!) and always having plans to see him every day or at least every other day. (Going to separate high schools and separate colleges while living 30 minutes apart hasn't been exactly easy... but it's been worth it!) So it's going to take some adjusting, I'm not ignorant to the fact. And I know it's going to be hard at first, but I am also hopeful that it will get easier.

I owe a huge thank you to his family, for raising him to be worthy to serve a mission for the Lord, to my own family for supporting me these past few years with all the ups and downs that come from a relationship, to my wonderful friends who have offered me food, hugs, and late night talks, and to Mr. C himself, for selflessly sacrificing two years of his life for others. What a guy.





















***All photo credits to Emily.camille.photography. Check out her Facebook page HERE. She's wonderful, reasonable, and crazy talented.***

8 comments:

  1. Aw Alexandra I know exactly how you feel!! I promise it gets easier with time. You are so lucky to have all those pictures. I only got about 5 with Jacob before he left and I look at those all the time!! Let me know if you need anything ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! The one of you two laying down is beautiful! They all are, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these!! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE them! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the thing. I don't even know you that well but I think you are so wonderful, inspiring, beautiful, etc. You two are stunning together too. Man, waiting's tough but you got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good looking couple, while cudos are due to Camille's photography, the subjects are what makes such a super picture. While I may be partial, what a beautiful young lady shows up in each picture!
    Grandpa Agle

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorg!!! You guys are gorgeous together. I love how comfortable you guys are together in this shoot. It's beautiful..

    This time will fly if you continue to be patient and loyal to writing to him...

    I am rooting for you guys!
    <3

    ReplyDelete