background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

day 3: my idea of a perfect first date.

a series of hearts 2010


I feel like I've been on several first dates. And I have been blessed to never have a truly disasterous one. Sure, there have been awkward moments and times when I have realized there probably wouldn't be a second date, but I am not complaining.

However, my idea of a perfect first date happened on last season's 'Bachelor'. It was with Brad and Ashley. You know the one I'm talking about, the one where they had the carnival in the middle of the forest all to themselves! Ah bliss. It had the perfect balance of fun and romance... excuse me while I sigh of contentment...

Now. Back to real life. First, it should start off with the gentleman coming to the young lady's door with a sunflower or daisy. (Not a rose-- that's more like 10th date status.) Then, the two of them should go on a bike ride to a field full of flowers and lovliness. Then, from the baskets on the front of their bikes, they pull out a blanket and a picnic and enjoy each others company while eating their healthy sandwich wraps and drinking their Smart water. After they have finished eating, the gentleman pulls out a pack of cards and they play games for a while. Finally, when it it is beginning to get dark, they pack up their things and bike back to the car. After they load everything up, the young man opens the door for his date and when they are both settled, they drive back to her house where he walks her to the door, tells a joke, and gives her a warm and friendly hug. (Note the gentleman is a gentleman and does NOT kiss her on the first date. I feel very strongly about that. Just sayin.) And with that, he walks back to his car, she walks inside, and they both feel that warm fuzzy feeling one feels at the beginning of L-O-V-E.

Ahhh. Innocent and sweet, happy and light-hearted. That's how love should be in my humble opinion.... :)

ps. i cut myself with a spoon last night. who does that? apparently i do...

No comments:

Post a Comment