Why haven't I blogged for a week? End of term. Other reason: a certain dance competition. No, no friends, I was not competing in it- I was hosting it. Well, not me, all by myself, Timpview D.CO. 3 pm to 11:30 pm last night. 7 am to 8:45 pm today. Awesome.
Favorite moments of THE competition.
- I witnessed a 5 year old slip and fall in the commons. The first thing her mother did: "Don't cry! Don't cry! It will mess up your makeup and eyelashes!"
- "How do I get to the bleachers?" "Walk."
- Walking around my high school for 3 and a half hours, showing people where to go. I now know my school like the back of my hand. Word.
- 5 and 6 year olds with hip-hop 'stink' faces.
- Bossy people. I love them so much. SO SO MUCH. When I grow up, I want to be bossy and just plain awesome. BOSS!
- Working at concessions and doing mental math. That was sure interesting. I'm hoping and praying I did not mess up TOO badly. This is mula we are talking about...
- Getting a free caramel apple, apple pie style, for helping Mrs. Caramel Apple herself!
- One job I had was working the remote for the marque that put up the number of the dance for the dancers and judges. A middle aged man behind me who was listening to the BYU game with headphones, tapped me on the shoulder and very loudly said, "Can you fast forward some dances with that?" Classy.
- Serving cold chili to people in concessions because I was unaware the crock pot was not on.
- I purchased the world's biggest cinnamon roll ever. I could only eat half-- but it was the best half of anything I have ever tasted.
- Crawling on my hands and knees in the auditorium, picking up trash, row by row. Why were there so many wrappers and soda cans? Since when do dancers eat unhealthy?
- Finding tights, tossing them at brick walls, and having them magically stick on. (You had to be there for that... and all of this stuff really-- but that's okay because I was!)