background

Friday, October 16, 2009

D.CO Date part 3

Grass in a Shot Glass

After the haunted house, we had some time to kill so we drove around for a while and eventually decided to go to Jamba Juice. I wasn't too hungry, even for a smoothie, but I really wanted to get something! My eyes scanned the menu and when I saw it, I immediately knew what I wanted.

"I think I'm going to have grass in a shot glass," I told Stuart.
"Are you serious?" he asked.
"Of course!" I replied.

Before I ordered, I asked the girl if it was good and her immediate response was, "No." She then changed it by saying, "Well, actually, I'm sure some people think it's good but it's not my cup of tea." I told her I still wanted it and then we waited.


I watched them cut the grass and put it in the squeezer. You know how when you squeeze orange juice it's smooth? Or if it isn't, it's just the pulp? Well this concoction had a little more than pulp. It looked plain lumpy. What had I gotten myself into?

When they called our name, I was shocked to see, the grass juice was in a shot glass with an orange slice as a chaser. I raised the little grass up to my mouth multiple times only to put it back down. Basically... I was terrified. In fact, I think I was more scared to drink the dreaded grass juice than going through the haunted house. But an, "On your mark, get set, GO!" later, I chugged that little thing and immediately put the chaser in my mouth.

You know the smell of freshly mowed grass? Well it tasted like that. Lovely I know. But the best part was burping grass for the rest of the night. Believe me, it was very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment