background

Monday, September 7, 2009

Christmas in September


I woke up anxiously this morning at 5:10. I laid in bed til 5:20 and then simply couldn't wait any longer. I got up, had a bowl of cheerios, okay, two bowls of cheerios and watched the US open.

The phone rang at 6:05. It did not even ring a full ring before it was answered... by Mom. My sister was able to call us from the airport this morning before she leaves for New Hampshire to serve a mission for the church. My other sister, in NY at the moment was able to join in on the call by skype.

So picture this.

My mom was at the high table talking with one phone. My Dad had his laptop on the floor open on skype. Down by the speaker was the phone on speaker phone surrounded by myself and my Dad as we listened closely to her tales of the MTC.

It felt like Christmas, or at the very least, Thanksgiving. In a little way, we were all together again in one room. (That's a bit of a stretch...) But it made me want to curl up on the couch and listen to Christmas music. After all, we are in the "ber" months. December is just around the corner don't you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment